355: Heather Lahtinen - From Clueless to Confident: Conquer the Learning Curve in Photography
March 16, 2023
On this episode, I interview photographer and educator Heather Lahtinen about how to tackle the feelings of overwhelm that come with learning photography. Heather explains how she became an unintentional wedding photographer and eventually made the transition to going full-time.
The Big Ideas with Timestamps
- 00:04:37 Have fun with photography.
- 00:07:10 Take action and practice.
- 00:13:37 Choose not to be overwhelmed.
- 00:17:25 Take risks and learn.
- 00:20:07 Set a goal and go for it.
- 00:27:43 Take action and don't fear.
- 00:34:16 Increase prices to be sustainable.
- 00:38:57 Believe in yourself and succeed.
- 00:39:35 Say yes before you know how.
- 00:47:00 Focus on ideal client marketing.
- 00:52:51 Get help and drop pride.
- 00:55:02 Invest in yourself for success.
- 01:02:25 Book studio management software.
- 01:06:09 Start taking photos now.
- 01:10:11 Believe in yourself.
- 01:13:09 Shoot and don't fear failure.
Connect with the Beginner Photography Podcast!
Thanks for listening & keep shooting!