338: Marc Silber - Living a Creative Life : A Photographers journey to overcome fear
January 17, 2023
Marc Silber is a five time return guest and photography author of the new book Create: Overcoming Fear to Unleash Your Creativity. Today Marc shares with us how fear can stop us from being our most creative self as a photographer and how to overcome it. Mark also talks about journaling and how he practices visualization when taking photos and how mornings are the best time for him to be creative.
The Big Ideas
- Visualize quickly and act.
- Visualize your creative ideas.
- Go out and shoot.
- Try different things and learn.
- Visualize and experiment.
- Learn your tool better.
- Practice falling to succeed.
- Photography is a numbers game.
- Grow through critique and community.
- 00:00:05 Visualize before taking photo.
- 00:13:07 Visualize, then create.
- 00:17:05 Be patient and persistent.
- 00:21:04 Find your creative purpose.
- 00:28:00 Visualize and create impactfully.
- 00:37:30 Learn your tool well.
- 00:47:57 Practice falling to succeed.
- 00:49:11 Ignore the haters, keep going.
- 00:56:05 Grow through community critique.
Pick up Marcs new book - https://amzn.to/3Z1uJ2s
Connect with the Beginner Photography Podcast!
Thanks for listening & keep shooting!